Despite all the valiant efforts made by international aid agencies and disaster relief suppliers globally, 2/3 of people who are forced to live a refugee’s life are exposed to health associated threats like Malaria.
In most cases where a land is hit by natural or man disasters, people are evacuated and moved to remote areas. Such areas are may be not be safe and may be adjacent to marginal lands where threats like Malaria vectors breed. One as a relief supplier may find it hard to reach the affected area due to conflict or limitations that are usually associated with war zones.
Professionals associated with this industry are working hard to overcome this life threatening health issue. Core relief items provision Disaster relief supplies, including long lasting Insecticidal nets (LLINS) to protect against Malaria.
Malaria A Living Threat
Caused by parasites present in infected female mosquitoes, Malaria still is a major threat in many parts of the world today.
- Almost 50% of world’s population, i.e. 3.2 billion is at risk
- Each year 4,35,000 die due to malaria
- Children under the age of 5 years and pregnant women are at prime risk.
- Sub Saharan Africa is the major victim among all the other parts of the world.
- Death toll due to Malaria in African children touched the figures of 305,000 in 2015.
- 89% Malaria cases were reported by 2015
- 91% out of them failed to survive.
Malaria can be prevented and cured. Core relief items provision Disaster relief supplies, including long lasting Insecticidal nets (LLINS) to protect against Malaria.
This response from professional relief suppliers has helped in bringing the global mortality rates caused by Malaria down by 60%.